The Psychology Lab. of the Department of Philosophy & Social Studies is tasked with supporting, guiding, and conducting comprehensive research in the field of Psychology — and in particular in the areas of development, psychology of arts and affective perception, and social & cultural psychology and identity. Its ultimate goal is to produce original knowledge in the coupling of the above areas. At the same time, through its infrastructure, it substantially aims to facilitate their implementation. In particular, the Laboratory of Psychology contributes to the development of educational and research activities as defined by the Department's character and moves on the following axes:
- The production of modern, valid, reliable and documented scientific work.
- Theoretical and practical training of undergraduate and postgraduate students in the above fields.
- Providing services to third parties, in particular:
• Providing scientific knowledge for training in the above areas of psychological applications and projects.
• It targets at educators, counselors, institutions, organizations, local government and other stakeholders involved in education.
• Seeks to collaborate with local and foreign academic institutions, institutes and research centers with relevant objectives.
• It aims at organizing seminars, symposia, conferences, lectures, general meetings and events with Greek and foreign experts, as well as the publication of printed and electronic publications and publications.