Initially, the Laboratory’s main objective was to support students from all three departments of the University of Crete School of Philosophy during their Teaching Practicum at schools. Although this objective remains to date, more objectives have been added with regards to educational research historically and in the modern era. Thus, the Laboratory nowadays aims at supporting research projects associated with School Pedagogy (Curriculum and Instruction), the History of Education and issues of Gender in Education.
Teaching Methodology, Teaching Practicum, Curriculum Theories, Educational Research, History of Education
Education and Gender, Feminism and Politics-Balkans, Sexual Education and Health, Promoting positive and resilient based inclusive practices
(FACULTY) Ekaterini Dalakoura (Assoc. Professor), Eleni Katsarou (Assoc. Professor). Giorgos Akoumianakis (Teaching Staff), Elena Vitalaki (Teaching Staff), Nectaria Liodaki (Teaching Staff), Eugenia Perysinaki (Teaching Staff), Ch. Anagnostopoulou (PhD candidate), Marianthi Palazi (PhD candidate), Elefth. Papastefanaki (PhD candidate), Athanasios Kakavelakis (PhD candidate), Parisis Papaioannou (PhD candidate), Konstantinos Sipitanos (PhD candidate), Anna Sfakianaki (PhD candidate), Vasiliki Pasparaki (PhD candidate), Alexandra Kokaraki (M.A.), Maria Paitaki (M.A.), Ipakoi Papadopoulou (M. A.), Ek. Karyotoglou, Maria Kakepi, V. Vlacha, Katerina Vasileiadou, Kassandra Beikaki (post graduate students). Antigoni Zisi: Teacher, on contract with the University of Crete Research Fund.
Research Projects (after 2010)
Από τα γλωσσικά ρεπερτόρια του Διευθυντικού Λόγου εξουσίας στο μετασχηματισμό της εκπαιδευτικής κοινότητας: μια συμμετοχική έρευνα-δράσηΑπό τα γλωσσικά ρεπερτόρια του Διευθυντικού Λόγου εξουσίας στο μετασχηματισμό της εκπαιδευτικής κοινότητας: μια συμμετοχική έρευνα-δράση
- Scientific Symposium “Defining educational action research in Greece: In prospect of forming a professional community of teacher researchers”, organized by the Department of Philosophy and Social Studies, University of Crete, the Department of Pre-school Education, N.K. University of Athens and CARN (Collaborative Action Research Network) in Rethymno, on June 27, 2015.
- (in collaboration with the Greek Historian’s for Education Society, and the Department for Pre-School Education, University of Crete) Panhellenic two-Days Conference Historiography of Greek Education: Reassessments and Prospects, Rethymno, November 2-3, 2012.
- One-day Conference (22 Σεπτεμβρίου 2010) within the framework of Students Training funded program.
- (In cooperation with Chrysoula Anagnostopoulou) One- Day Conference entitled “The Worlds of Kornilia Preveziotou (Istanbul 1878-Athens 1964): an editor and intellectual, Athens, December 13, 2014.
- Scientific Symposium on Defining Educational Action Research in Greece: towards the prospect of forming a professional community of teacher-researchers. Co-organization: Department of Philosophy and Social Studies University of Crete, Faculty of Early Childhood Education National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Collaborative Action Research Network (CARN), Rethymno June 27, 2015.
- http://www.fks.uoc.gr/_/pw/site/assets/files/1128/programma_symposiou_27_june_ 2015.pdf
- One-Day Conference Kypseli - A Research Database: Women’s press in the Ottoman Space (1845-1922), Rethymno, November 28, 2015.
- CARN Conference 2017: Rethymno, Greece, Reflecting on Action Research in an unequal world: an alternative perspective towards democracy .Friday October 20th – Sunday October 22nd.
- Exhibition entitled Women's Press – Women of the Press: Women's Periodicals and Women Editors in Ottoman Space (1845-1923). The participation concerns the research, documentation, selection of material and texts of the editors Alexandra Papadopoulou & Charikleia Korakidou and the periodicals Hmerologion ton Kyrion [Ladies’ Almanac] & Hmerologion ‘Hpeiros’ [Almanac ‘Hiperus’]. Organization: Department of Philosophy and Social Studies of the University of Crete, Hellenic Open University under the auspices of the Regional Unit of Rethymno. Rethymno, November 9-11, 2018. Chair organizers: Associate Professor Katerina Dalakoura, Associate Professor Nikos Vafeas.
- 1st One day conference for the World’s Day of Sexual Health entitled: “Sexual education is the bridge for the sexual health”, Department of Education, Municipality of Rethymno in cooperation with the Department of Philosophical Studies, University of Crete, Rethymno, September, 2019.
Organization of conferences, sessions in conferences workshops:
- Workshop: Women’s Social and Political Experiences in Modern and Contemporary Balkans, Rethymno, 10 June 2015.
- A session titled Women’s Journals in the Ottoman and post-Ottoman Balkans (19th and early 20th centuries): Social Inequalities and Feminisms, proposed and presented at an International Conference organized by International Federation for Research in Women’s History (IFRWH) Αmsterdam 22-28 August 2010.
- An international session titled «Women writers from the Ottoman territories during the 19th c», at the International Conference 21st Conference of COMITÉ INTERNATIONAL DES ÉTUDES PRÉ-OTTOMANES ET OTTOMANES (CIEPO), organized by Research Centre for the Humanities of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences and the Department of Turkish Studies, Oriental Institute, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary, 7-11 October 2014.
- An international session titled Collaboration Across Boarders: feminism(s), nationalism and politics in Interwar Balkans, for the Conference THE CAMPAIGN FOR WOMEN’S SUFFRAGE:
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVES, 31st August –1st September 2018, University of Portsmouth, UK.
- An international session titled: Women’s Press-Women of the Press: Women’s Periodicals and Women Editors in the Ottoman Space. Faculty of Philosophical and Social Sciences. 9-11 Νοεμβρίου 2018. http://ottomanwomenspress.fks.uoc.gr/?q=node/5
- Collaboration with the European Network of Education Foundations for educating educators “KASTALIA”. A basic aim of the network is to develop collaborations between Foundations on themes of teaching and research, as well as students exchange, staff exchange, etc. (for further information, see the Network site: https://www2.uef.fi/en/kastalia)
- Collaboration with the international network of action research (Collaborative Action Research Network-CARN). A basic aim of the network is its members’ collaboration in developing discourse on action research and supporting relevant programmes in local, national and international level (see more at the Network site: http://www.esri.mmu.ac.uk/carnnew/index.php)
- Organization of the annual Conference of the CARN Network in 2017 in Rethymno (Gallou Campus), 20-22 October. Conference Site: https://carnreth2017.wixsite.com/carn
- Exhibition and Conference on Women’s Press-Women of the Press: Women’s Periodicals and Women Editors in the Ottoman Space. Organization: Department of Philosophy and Social Studies of the University of Crete, Hellenic Open University under the auspices of the Regional Unit of Rethymno. Rethymno, November 9-11, 2018.
In collaboration with:
- University of Belgrade (Faculty of Philology): on Digital Humanities issues, and more precisely on Digital History of Women and Press.
- St. Kliment Ohridski University of Sofia, Bulgaria (Faculty of Philosophy and Social Sciences, & Faculty of Slavic Studies), Women Studies and Research Center, University of Istanbul : on issues concerning Gender and Women’s History in Ottoman and Post Ottoman Space.
- Faculty of Philosophy and Social Sciences, St. Kliment Ohridski University of Sofia, Deaprtment of History, Indiana University US, Institute of History, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia, Institute of Contemporary History, Belgrade: on issues concerning Feminisms and Politics in Balkans (Interwar period).
Tel.: (+30) 28310 77208, (+30) 28310 77234