The Social Analysis and Applied Social Research Laboratory contributes to the development of research and educational activities in line with Department of Sociology educational strategies and focused on the following targets:
- The conduct of basic and applied social research in important areas of social sciences and humanities
- The development of research activities covering important educational needs associated with research methodology in the Department of Sociology
- The organizing of lectures, seminars, summer school, symposiums and conferences
- Book presentations and organizing other similar scientific activities
- Publication of books, studies and conference proceeding
- The cooperation with domestic and international research units and academic institutions
- The production of databases and empirical studies associated with important social phenomena, such as social exclusion and inequality, that could provide reliable sources for the planning of fair social policies.